Over the years, the company has spearheaded activities geared at supporting and uplifting the communities where we operate. In the Western Pacific, we are at the forefront of community-based activities. This commitment to the communities we serve are as binding and steadfast as the relationships we nurture with clients and partners.
Our Responsibility to the Environment and the Communities We Serve
We will fulfill this mission by a commitment to:
- Understanding environmental issues and sharing information with our team members.
- Developing innovative and flexible solutions to bring about change.
- Striving to buy and use products that are environmentally sound.
- Recognizing that financial responsibility is essential to our environmental future.
- Measuring and monitoring our progress for each project.
- Encouraging all team members to share in our mission and being stewards of change for our peers.
Tree Planting and Resource Conservation
In our business, it is almost inevitable that we use products derived from trees. With our tree-planting activities conducted in various stations, we hope to offset our consumption of this valuable and limited resource. But more than that, as a company, we have become more aware and vigilant of the need to conserve energy and water resources and limit carbon emissions as much as possible.
Our oceans are not only the most valuable source of food, medicine and a habitat for the greatest creatures in the world. They also serve as the highways for ships to bring trade across nations. This is in the very nature of our business, and thus we are obligated to do our part to keep our oceans clean for future generations.
We encourage our team members to go out and engage the community, to have an impact on the lives of people and be stewards of positive change for future generations. Our thrust is focused on helping those who have less in life have a greater chance in becoming part of the solution than of the problem.